We are pleased to announce Fortinet has been named a Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Firewalls, Q4 2022 report. We believe our position as a Leader is a testament to our investment in providing a Next-Generation Firewall (NGFW) solution that serves as an enabler of digital acceleration, made possible through the convergence of advanced networking and security capabilities. We are proud to be selected as one of only three vendors in the Leader category.
FortiGate Next-generation Firewalls serve as the foundation of a converged security and networking platform and we are committed to continuously innovating our NGFW solutions to meet our customers’ evolving needs. We believe this approach to continuous innovation is a factor in why Fortinet received the highest possible scores in 11 criteria across Forrester’s report:
- We believe that our highest scores possible in the criteria of SD-WAN, OT/IoT, and Performance Characteristics in particular showcase FortiGate as a premier platform for security and networking convergence in any environment and at any scale.
- Companies in today’s digital landscape must leverage the internet to build hybrid IT architectures. However, many organizations still struggle to do so, as over 95% of internet traffic is encrypted, as shown in the 2022 Google Transparency Report. A high score in TLS decryption shows our solution is equipped to protect these new network edges.
- Fortinet also received the highest scores possible in the Automated Malware Analysis and Incident Response criteria. FortiGate goes beyond traditional firewalls with the latest Machine Learning capabilities to protect the enterprise from known and unknown threats and reduce operational complexity for constrained IT teams through effective automation.
- Additional highest scores possible in the Execution Roadmap, and Supporting Products and Service showcase, in our opinion, our commitments to customers while supporting them wholeheartedly after purchase.
- Finally, we received the highest scores possible in the Revenue Growth and Partner Ecosystem criteria which includes Fortinet Fabric-Ready Technology Alliance partners. We believe these scores show that our products are increasingly popular with customers and partners alike.
According to the Forrester report, “Fortinet excels at performance for value and offers a wide array of adjacent services. Long known for its bang-for-the-buck approach to network security, Fortinet has built a flexible and capable platform with its flagship product, the FortiGate Firewall. Fortinet continues to demonstrate compelling performance for cost, and not only weathered the pandemic but grew revenue and customer base significantly. The FortiGate platform’s dedication to being API-first has enabled the vendor to build a superior partner ecosystem, and customers applaud the responsiveness of Fortinet’s support.”
The report continues to say that “Fortinet shines when comparing performance vs. cost to other offerings, featuring dedicated NP7 network processors in the first midrange 10G platform. Fortinet offers an array of services to support the security teams of its FortiGate customers including SOCaaS, FortiSOAR, incident response service, digital forensics, and MDR. The vendor’s SD-WAN is widely used in partner programs. In addition to basic SD-WAN capabilities, it includes features such as built-in LTE, link cost balancing, and policy-based routing. Reference customers found Fortinet’s usability and policy creation to be merely average. Small-, mid-, and now large-market customers looking to maximize savings on a broad portfolio of network security capabilities for on-prem locations will find Fortinet the best option.”
It’s no secret that organizations in all sectors must do more with less. They must protect more data and an expanding attack surface while cutting costs and struggling with understaffed teams. We remain committed to offering a network firewall solution that serves as the foundation of a converged security and networking platform, one that extends well beyond the enterprise perimeter while also enabling IT to stay under budget and deliver real value to the business.
Read The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Firewall Solutions, Q4, 2022 report to see why we are named a Leader and learn more about Fortinet’s Next Generation Firewall solutions.