Wireless in Healthcare – Ruckus Wireless
Delivering the Right Prescription for Healthier Wi-Fi.
Hospitals, clinics, and other healthcare facilities face exploding demand for Wi-Fi, whether to meet the needs of the 90+% of physicians with smartphones or to connect the multitude of medical devices that are increasingly networked over Wi-Fi to provide real time monitoring, precise locating and support patient cantered workflows.
Ruckus Wireless ‘Smart Wi-Fi’ enables fast access to electronic patient records, improves staff communication, and speeds up delivery of medical images. In addition, guest Wi-Fi access can be extended to visitors in lobbies and waiting rooms.
With lots of mobile users, thick walls and innumerable electrical devices, healthcare environments are typically hostile RF environments. So vanilla-grade, sickly Wi-Fi just doesn’t cut it.
That’s why so many healthcare organisations everywhere are turning to ZoneFlex Smart Wireless LAN (WLAN) systems with adaptive antenna arrays to provide the best possible connection even in the most difficult conditions.
With ZoneFlex, healthcare organisations get a simple, yet full-featured wireless solution that enables:
- Stronger, consistent Wi-Fi coverage with fewer access points
- HIPAA compliance, through standard 802.1x, WPA (PSK) and WPA-2 (AES) security, plus automatic wireless setting and encryption key security
- Central management with simplified network administration
- Support for diverse applications including:
- Voice over IP (VoIP) badges and phones
- Tablet applications such as EMR
- Patient centered workflow enablement
Ruckus ZoneFlex Wi-Fi provides superior Wi-Fi performance for the best possible ROI.