Wireless in Education – Ruckus Wireless
Schools, Colleges and Universities face increasing challenges to provide higher-speed, more reliable Wi-Fi to students, teachers and staff. They want strong security, killer coverage, and connections that don’t drop. They also need Wi-Fi to go to places where no Ethernet cabling has gone before, such as common areas, temporary classrooms, housing, and every corner of the campus.
Additionally, there are new mandates for many schools such as digital textbooks and 1:1 initiatives that require entire classes to concurrently get online to view material, collaborate on projects and present their work.
Tighter budgets and busy IT staffs make the transition impossible for most educational institutions.
Fortunately, Ruckus Smart Wi-Fi provides the technology that gives schools a cost-effective wireless infrastructure that’s in a class by itself. It provides robust, complete coverage and summa-cum-laude performance—at an affordable price.
With Ruckus, educational institutions gain:
- Consistent, reliable connectivity no other Wi-Fi system can touch
- Up to four times the coverage and higher performance using fewer APs
- The lowest cost of ownership
- Support for standard 802.1x, WPA (PSK) and WPA-2 (AES) security, plus automatic wireless setting and encryption key security
- Comprehensive onboarding and security management solutions that ensure hassle free, safe connectivity with distinct privileges for students, teachers, staff and other groups.
- Proven solutions to support BYOD, NAC, Mobile Device Management and other critical security management functions
Ruckus ZoneFlex access points (APs) feature BeamFlex, a high-gain, directional Smart antenna array that monitors the environment and dynamically adjusts the signal to the best performing path, automatically steering around interference and obstacles. This ensures the strongest signal, highest throughput and least interference so that classes are focused on learning instead of waiting for a connection.
With ZoneFlex, WLAN configuration can be performed in minutes through an on-screen Wizard. Deploying APs is radically streamlined as well. Since Ruckus delivers the best coverage, site surveys are much easier and ZoneFlex APs can be placed quickly in more convenient locations. And from a single management point, IT administrators can easily add SSIDs across the entire system to support specific traffic types or user groups, including guests, creating a single robust WLAN that’s a ubiquitous utility for everyone.
Click to browse more of our education technology solutions.