At Net-Ctrl we believe that you should put your money where your mouth is and that’s why if you visit the Net-Ctrl offices you will see that pretty much all our infrastructure is produced by our technology partners. The newest addition to our infrastructure arrived last Friday when we received our new Overland Storage DX1 and DX2 NAS units.
The Overland DX series is a high performance and highly scalable NAS storage system that has won many awards over the years including the Network Computing 2013 award for hardware product of the year. It comes with a great set of features that add real value to the solution.
- We have installed the DX2 in to our server rack in the office and have set-up the DX1 off-site at our senior engineer’s house, both loaded with 4TB of storage each. With the combination of these two solutions we will be doing the following:
- We will be storing all of data on the DX2 and will be utilising the Dynamic RAID features, which allows us to easily expand our storage with different hard drive sizes and it will set-up provision free volumes for us.
- 1TB of the DX2 has been dedicated for iSCSI to our VMware esxi environment to use as an additional data store.
- 25% of the DX2 has been dedicated to taking Snapshots that streamline access to our stored data and can speed up the process of data recovery.
- We will be replicating our data using their SnapEDR technology that allows us to securely backup our data off-site from the DX2 to the DX1 unit to protect us from any unforeseeable disasters.
So there you have it that is how Net-Ctrl will be using our two new shiny storage solutions from Overland Storage. They offer us exactly what we want now and also provide a sound investment for the future, the DX2 alone is scalable up to 348TB!!
If you have any questions about the above or what like to find a bit more information out about these solutions feel free to email me at email@example.com